WOODBRIDGE TENNIS CLUB – COVID-19 UPDATE 22nd July 2020
The following advice is specific to measures we have put in place to ensure tennis can continue at Woodbridge Tennis Club. THIS MUST BE READ IN CONJUNCTION WITH LTA GUIDELINES that have been developed based on discussions with the government to ensure we help prevent the spread of Covid-19.
All players, coaches etc. should undergo a self- assessment check for any Covid-19 symptoms using the NHS website.
- Singles and Doubles play permitted. Club sessions are under review and will return as soon as the committee feel it is safe to do so.
- Social distancing of 2 metres should still be observed whenever possible.
- A maximum of 8 people should be on the patio area at any one time. At busy times please socialise outside of the tennis club.
- Courts must be booked using the online booking system.
- Clubhouse facilities will continue to be closed. This includes access to toilets, balls, ball machine, etc.
- Upon entering and leaving the club premises please use your own hand sanitiser. The club also has a hand sanitiser dispenser by the window shutter next to the clubhouse entrance.
- Floodlights should be avoided due to risk of contamination.
- Provide own balls – these can be purchased from Jon Mansfield or Steve Lemon for £5 per tube. Please allow a minimum of 24 hours’ notice.
- All courts are available for use. Where possible please attempt to use court 1, 3, 4 and 6.
- Clubhouse and toilets remain closed.
- Pay and Play (public hire) is still unavailable.
- First Aid kit can be accessed in the cupboard under bench to the left of the clubhouse door.
- Defibrillator is now kept in a storage case outside of the club. Situated on the wall of Pavilion café where entrance to tennis club is.
- Please access courts 4-6 directly from the gate by court 4. Do not walk via the patio/court one.
For more information, please read the LTA Guidance for Tennis Venues in England.
We are now able to offer individual, paired and small group lessons for members of WTC with immediate effect. Players should arrive promptly for lessons. All payments for lessons should ideally be made via BACS payment. If you would like to arrange a lesson please contact your regular coach. Alternatively contact Jon Mansfield for further information.
- Balls will be provided by the coach.
- Courts will be booked by the coach.
- We will not change ends during lessons.
- Player should bring their own hand sanitiser and should bring a FULL water bottle with enough to last the whole session.
Any additional queries should be sent to email@example.com or contact Jon on 07796 366032.
We appreciate your adherence to the above so we can continue to keep our club open.